Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Shopping

Dear Mouse, Last night, I was outside a GAP Store, making a "crucial" decision in my life whether I will buy that colorful sweater on top of a red Volkswagen that is parked inside the store as part of their Christmas display. I developed a shopping conscience lately; that is do not splurge on non-essentials that would contribute to the clutter of my world or buy an item because it just pleases my five senses, sight, smell, touch, hearing and humor. Admittedly, I do not need another sweater. The urge to buy was for aesthetic sense. If I am not struck by my short term lapses, I could wear it for the holidays before it joins the unworn stuff in my already cramp closet. I added a sense of humor because, would you believe it, I bought this small Christmas lights, so small that its battery case is bigger than the whole stuff itself. What is funny with it? I sewed the lights in my black beret and oh boy, do I look like a walking Christmas tree. he he he. This is my gimmick this year. Last year it was a pair of red and green socks with bells. Everytime, i walked, the bells tinkled. The people started looking for a Ca t with a bell. I digressed. Going back to GAP store, I saw a black guy entered the store, picked up a bundle of sweaters tied with a big red ribbon and skated out of the store, all in few seconds. He did it very quickly that the customers were left awed by his boldness. There were no sales associates around, not even a house security. Not even a mouse? It must be my cluelessness or simply my stupidity that drove me to look for the security to tell her what has happened. Pakialamera talaga. I was ready to blurt out..hoy tsisimisan kayo ng tsismisan, ninanakawan na kayo when I found them huddled in the corner giggling. I approached the security and narrated what I witnessed. She started the investigation and I pointed to her a lady who was seated near the entrance. She was Hispanic. She barely can speak English. Then a thought occurred to me. What if this lady was a lookout and she saw me reported the incident to the security? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I quickly got out of the store and walked briskly away from the store. Me and my Sherlock Holmes' instinct. The CA t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home