Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Titorolly and Rachelle on Money

Dear Mouse,

I once blogged that my mom did not allow me to take up the course that I want to enroll in after high school--Fine Arts. Maybe I have not convinced her enough that I was like Sassy's daughter whose drawings showed real-life-form-artist-in- the making compared to my surrealistic-depicting- personality disorder- scribbles. That's according to my pschology graduate neighbor. Bless her soul.

A teacher and a student, both bloggers have something to say about Art and Money.

Rachelle

i admire you for teaching. currently, there's an AB vs. BS thing going on at school. you know, BS people say AB people wouldn't make any money. AB people retort all BS students think about is money, that they're suffering from careerism. i don't have anything against the BS courses. i think they have their own advantages. but i'm an AB by heart. i must hand it to you.
Titorolly
Anyway, although we did not admit it, at the back of our minds, we knew they had better chances of becoming rich. Sure we dreamt of being big someday, probably earning the title of national artist, but hey, one among thousands of students learning how to paint? Chances are practically nil!

The Ca t

Hmmmmmm

May mga taong hindi mukhang pera kagaya ni titorolly at rachelle. Kaya nilagay ko ang mukha nila sa pera. (pati pala si Pusa, ahem. ) When I wrote the title on the money-it means their faces are on the money.

Credits go to sassy and polo for the 500 hundred peso bill.

The Ca t

9 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger rolly said...

Cat, noon pa man at lalo na ngayon, "buti pa ang pera, may tao... Ang tao walang pera."

But I have no regrets in life. As long as we eat three square meals a day, roof over our heads... you know the drill.

Thanks for this. You made me happy.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Rachelle Grace said...

thanks the cat. :)

haha... very creative. :)

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alam mo Cath tama ka rin kaya tayo nandito sa north america para kumita ng maraming datung...kaya ako pag me nakitang akong employer na mas malaki ang offer lipat agad ....sold my talent to highest bidder...samantalahin habang bata ka pa....i wish i will be the next Bill Gates sa yaman....

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger batjay said...

ate Ca T!

ako BS din ako. kung minsan nga punong puno ako ng BS. hehehe.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger cathy said...

That passion of finishing Arts course is still in me.
I do sketches wherever I go. I have a little sketch book instead of a camera. In fact, i have this little book all about paintings from Agasse's Nubina giraffe to Zurbaran's Saint Francis of Assisi.

My penchant for reading old Filipino comicks was not for the weepy stories but for the illustrators' depiction of the novels.I once befriended a children's book illustrator whose dream was to be a famous painter but the paycheck that he received from a publishing company was just enough to put food on the table.

When I retire, I will go back to my old love--Arts.

Kudos to you guys.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Gwen Bautista said...

Fine Arts is a dream if you want to take it here in the Philippines. But as a Painting major that is in an unrequited relationship with Fine Arts, I'd have to say that being an Artist requires more than dreaming to follow the career.

Kaya nga nakikipag-brasuhan na muna ako sa mga telepono para mabigyan ako ng kaunting barya at tustusan ang aking karelasyon. hehehe

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://kkjwxatf.com/bhzi/gtgn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wtelptaz.com/gjup/zjcw.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://kkjwxatf.com/bhzi/gtgn.html | http://kwewdxcm.com/mayn/pnfm.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home