Sunday, November 21, 2004

Two Open Letters that I cannot "close"

Dear Mouse,

I do not want these two missives of importance to be buried in my archives.

An open letter to Patricia Evangelista

Ting-aling

Dear Pat,

I believe that you have every right to use your age as one of the reasons why you erred. I have to admit that at that age, my wings haven’t gained the right strength yet to fly freely. When I was 19, I couldn’t even write a good article as good as yours to pass my English courses.

I am a little saddened to see how narrow-minded people can be.

I bet you those people who seemed not to be contented with your explanation carry so much baggage with them. Why they find themselves having been misled by you is beyond me. You have been misled too by Faye and yet you chose to face the brighter side and you are only 19.

I bet you these guys are older than you are.

See maturity does not come with age, really.

I did get my handy dictionary to find out what a “Journalist” meant and these are the words I found out: A journalist could be a reporter, commentator, columnist, magazine columnist, press officer, member of the press. I went to check Philstar again to find out if your column was a news and in my humble opinion, it was not.

It was more like a feature, a magazine feature.

I did not want to comment on this against or for you until I read all sides. I must say that I followed the posts of Angelo Racoma and Cathy and read all the sides given by the government and Faye’s church everyday.

Why some people are fuming about you committing a mistake, I do not know. The real victim here is Faye not them. I cannot understand how your “lies” affected their lives tremendously. Why they think they have the right to be correcting your errors, I do not know. Why they comment like you’ve done the biggest mistake in the whole world, I cannot fathom.

I can only tell that they are cowards because they comment as anonymous. In fact, these maybe people who envy you so much because you have been successful ten hundred folds than them. I bet you they are even way older than you are and probably, they are the kind whose articles couldn’t even make it to the Ad section of classifieds.

Finally, to err is human. It is just right to shed tears even if you are a journalist, unless you have the heart of a stone. Can you imagine how the world is going to be if people if have no compassion at all?

I hope you'll use this experience to further your career! You go girl!

Yours truly,

Ting Aling

www.kuwentong-buhay.blogspot.com www.dsurfer.blogspot.com

ting_aling@hotmail.com

Second: To whom it may concern letter

Anonymous,

First of all I left my e-mail address for anyone to write me should they have any questions about my open letter to Pat Evangelista. I can then reveal myself to them, you included. Why are you so sour about Pat in the first place? Have you not committed any mistakes in your life at all? Why the crabby feeling? What has she that Faye story done to you personally? I know that this is one trait we Filipinos have to shake off..we try to clip our youngs' wings when they're just about to take off so they stay on the ground instead of letting them fly so they can explore the sky.

Oh by the way, what good is an apology if it is forced anyway? Why do you think Patricia have to apologize to you?

I should be mad at her because she condemned the Filipinos leaving the Philippines and I happen to be one of them. But you know what? It was her opinion. I should not be bad b ecause it is not true. I love my mother country. And hey, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

Here's wishing you will learn how to forget, how to forgive and how to move on... or you will live as miserable as you are now, forever.

Ting Aling

www.kuwentong-buhay.blogspot.com www.dsurfer.blogspot.com

ting_aling@hotmail.com

The Ca t

6 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger solo flite said...

Hi Cath,

ive been silently following this thread for a while. I dont fault Pat for getting conned by those two. I myself believed them, if only because i didnt expect a little kid to lie in front of a whole church.

Dont worry, not everyone has the same hatemail opinion about pat (and you for defending her). Everyone makes mistakes and trip from time to time. Its how we get up and recover that differentiates us from everyone else.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read interesting anonymous comments under the thread "WHY" specifically those which refer to why the blog owner is chopping up comments to suit her purposes. I would like them to be posted like the open letter.

And by the way, age and immaturity are not excuses for conditional apologies. When you apologize (attentiona Patricia E.), say sorry, not ifs, no buts.

And Cath, shut up.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Apol said...

hehe! kala ko matatapos na yung isyu after pat's apology. tsk!

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

may inggit yata apol.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psssttt Jannine..punta ka dito (www.titorolly.blogspot.com). Nandoon ang kasagutan sa iyong tanong..

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dun sa mga taong galit na galit pa rin kahit nag apology na ang bread of life and si patricia evangelista, isa masasabi ko KAYO NA ANG MAY PROBLEMA!!!!!!!!!! nakita niyo naman yung example ng apology ng Bread diba si dan rather even siya nagkamali! so hindi ko malaman ang problema niyo kung bakit nang gagalaiti! pa rin kayo kay patricia! instead of supporting her kasi she gives honor to our country.... kayo ba ano na ang nagawa niyo sa bansang Pilipinas????? ano gumimik araw araw???? mag shopping araw araw????? manood ng star circle at starstruck araw araw???????? I'm sorry kahit ano pang sabihin niyo kay patricia i still support her, hindi niya deserve ang mag words na ginagamit niyo sa kaniya sa isa lamang na pagkakamali! move on na kayo mga tol!!!!! as far as i know ang bread lang ang gumawa niyan Nag public apology diyan mo makikita yung integrity ng isang samahan! alam nila kung nagkamali sila, yung mga iba nga diyan eh marami nang nangyayaring immorality sa simbahan ayaw pang umamin alam na lhat ng tao sila na lang ang hindi nakaka alam, bato bato sa langit tamaan huwag magalit!!!

jaypama04@need4speed.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home