Friday, September 10, 2004

Nestor Ponce III

Dear Mouse,

I do not want this comment/e-mail to be buried in my archives without acknowledging this as a blog.

I do not know the Ponce family personally. My first encounter with Mr.Ponce, Jr. was when I was a student. I approached him to request for some assistance in a problem that needed some representations from people with authority. He did not boast of anything; he did not arm twist anybody and a resolution was reached without much funfare and chest thumping. After that he bid as goodbye acknowledging our thank you with a smile. Wow, I said, he's different from politicians, I met.

Indeed what Tarlac Rep. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III said about Mr. Ponce's “passion and humility” in doing his job in upholding the rights of the Filipino people is true.

The next thing I heard about him was when I was checking on the performance of the 11th congress with regards the bills they author, co-author or sponsor. I am very particular with the young ones who i hope would bring change to our traditional political system. I am disappointed with some who are no better than the old trapos. Some merely author bills that require change of street names, division of regions and or bills that do not require a rocket scientist to discern that it was only for the benefits of the legislators or the groups where they came from, i.e. movie stars-turned senators would sponsor bills that would benefit only the movie industry and not the public they serve.

Mr. Ponce authored the bill for the establishment of the City of Collegethat would provide quality education for the less fortunate youth as well as socialized housing for the poor.

These sincere efforts to help the urban poor was acknowledged by Majority leader Nograles who said Ponce’s life was “worth everything” because he spent it for his fellowmen.

In response to my blog, Nestor Ponce III, the son of Mr. Nestor Ponce, Jr. emailed this:

hey cat, this is nestor ponce III, son of the late nestor c. ponce jr. i've come across some of your blogs by accident, and i was surprised to find someone writing about my dad not because of all the media worth that goes with it. i'm very grateful to know about people like you looking up to him just like i do, he really is my super hero and my kuya and my bestfriend rolled into one. i don't have a brother so my dad had to put up with all the kiddie boy stuff i went through all these years, hehehe. can i just tell you that i went to my first cousin's wedding this morning, and it sure was hell for me. simply seeing my cousin posing for pictures with his dad drove me nuts. i suddenly came to me, that hey, you know what? i wouldn't have dad there on my own wedding, and stuff about my grandkids not being able to get to know their lolo. *sigh* sorry, i guess i just miss my father terribly. anyway thanks so much. my mind's not working pretty well right now so i writing really weird here, but it was nice reading your blog. it made my day. take it easy bud. -pons ponce

The Ca t sez, " you are lucky to have a father like him."

The Ca t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home