Saturday, November 13, 2004

Another fairy tale?

Dear mouse,

The Faye Fairy Tale Fiasco gave me not only wide readership but also a few stalkers.

Here comes another one. Is the billion lobby fund story also a fairy tale?

Headline:

There is lobby but no money involved

The Ca t sez:

HAHAHAHA. Ka-tawa sila.

According to the news,Mison stressed that Teves's claim that a lobby fund of P1 billion was used to water down the sin tax is downright unbelievable because of the huge amount.

The Ca t sez:

Baka mali lang ang number of zeros.

Mison, therefore, said that it would be unwise to invest P1 billion in lobby funds when your projected "tax saving" is only minimal or P900 million to be exact.

The Ca t sez:

This statement is false when the 900 million is regarded as series of annual inflows from savings generated per calendar year.Using the simple payback, capital outflow of 1 billion can be recovered in less than two years. It is still a wise investment.

The Ca t

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello miss cathy,

i would like to express my warmest, sincerest thanks for your defense of the faye story, and even my london speech. i personally want to express my apology for the articles written on faye that may have caused the misleading of so many. my belief in her was absolutely unjustified. I can only hope that what credibility i have will still stand for the cause of recognizing filipino excellence.

it is difficult to defend myself in the face of accusation, and i have no right to. however, if you have the time, please email me at triciaevangelista@fastmail.fm, as there is something i wish to share with you before it comes out in print. my part in the "faye fairy tale fiasco," as you so aptly call it, will end on wednesday with the publication of my response on philstar.

miss cathy, again, thank you. you have no idea how much your support meant.

pat evangelista.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger cathy said...

thank you for visiting my blog, Pat.

I already sent the e-mail. Rest assured, my admiration
for young people like you has never been diminished by the faye fiasco.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger infraternam meam said...

Cath...
paki explain, sorry for my stupidity n ignorance, sino ba si Mison? is he Gen.Mison?(retired?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home