Sunday, November 14, 2004

Patricia Evangelista bow ulit 2

Dear Mouse,

We see life differently. We have our own special way of explaining why things happen. Each of us usually validate our own versions of reality by using examples.Some use parables; others use the stories in the bible and some, real stories. Mostly, I use the last;sometimes my own life story, even to the extent of tooting my horn.

To illustrate the virtue of humility to share success with people who have given support to one's endeavour, I used Patricia's article about Faye.

Patricia, on the other hand expounded on the importance of this "support" that she believed was missing on Faye's case.

Then came the bomb. The veracity of Faye’s story.

Patricia was bombarded with criticisms as she remained silent about her effort to find out the truth.

Many people including respectable writers, columnists and bloggers judged Patricia to be an incompetent journalist.The same people who have not done the investigations themselves.

I was criticized too for defending Patricia and keeping my silence about Faye. I was stalked in my e-mail and in other blogs. The worst is shown below:

Mongrel: why don't you take your fight to Cat's website? Bat dito kayo nagtatahulan? Isa pa, hindi mo ba alam na ang mother ni Faye ay si Cathy San Juan? Baka siya pa ang nanay ni Faye hindi natina alam..hi hi hi..

Ikaw naman Cat, hindi mo ba na-amoy ang baho ng Faye story from a distance?

Aso | 11.13.04 - 8:33 am | #

Truth is, I am waiting for the denial or confirmation where the story originated.

Patricia will come up with her article explaining her side and I thank Patricia for sharing it with me. Read Philstar this coming Wednesday.

By this time,Bread of Life Ministries must have already published the results of their investigation.

To my stalkers, I am not deleting any of my blogs about Pat and Faye.

I am firm on my stance that the more accomplished journalists should have con- ducted their investigations to confirm their doubts before they wrote these unsavory remarks about Patricia.

Your below the belt attack to my persona is a validation of my theory that there is inverse relationship between the size of the ego and the brain.

The Ca t

9 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger rolly said...

Good for you, Cathy. I always knew yu wouldn't budge a bit. And that's a very honorable thing.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dunno about you but you defended a loser so what do you expect? Alam mo naman ang harsh reality ng mundo. You supported her so be prepared to sink with her. We know your allegiance to PE as a person but look, she clearly messed up so are you going to defend that too or you just hate to be criticized for your blind allegiance to her. Are you going to accept all the crap she writes just because you like her? The inverse relationship between ego and brain applies to you too. No one is hanging you so relax.

THE EQUALIZER

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anong luto saiyo ngayon? steamed crab?

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, blind allegiance. "No matter what, I'll be there for you..." Is that what you will do for Patricia Evangelista? I would expect that you will stop defending her... Maybe your ego is too big to give up defending Pat? Now, you are playing on emotions... "Go get them, girl"... and other "you can do it" rhetorics. Why not accept the fact that Pat Evangelista has blundered?

Although I'm sure that this is a very minor obstacle for the young lady, she will always be a champion public speaker to us, Filipinos. So what if she, blundered. Just acknowledge it and go on!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger cathy said...

When I disagree with some people’s opinion, it does not mean that their point of view is less than important and or incorrect.

Many a time, I stand on my opinions and values because I have my own way at looking things in life.It is not ego because it is not a mayonnaise. ehek.

It is not blind allegiance because I am not blind. It is not allegiance because she is not a flag.aheek.

I am not defending her because I am not a lawyer nor a cop. aheek

You are wrong in your expectation because I am not a crab. I will not pull down a person even if I have the opportunity to do so.

Yes, I will give any support to people who are misunderstood. I do not care what other people think because I believe life is a box of candy that I bought, huwag mong ipasoli sa akin.

yum yum yum

Gusto ko sa crab ay ginataan, Ayaw ko ang buhay, mahilig manghila pababa. Paluto ka na puwede.

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is also very obvious that the word concede is not part of your vocabulary.

- Gremlin

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger cathy said...

what should I concede about?
I did not run for presidency in the US.
I was not the one who concoct the story.
Hindi po ako ang pumatay kay Rizal.

The BLM asked apology to the people as well as to Patricia.

She is just a victim. Where did I go wrong defending her?
In the apology of the BLM,it was mentioned about the mistake of Dan Rather. He apologized and asked that he should not be judged by his one gross mistake.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should realize that you took an overwhelmigly pro-Patricia stance in your blog that you even cut and paste comments of bloggers from other blogs to negate their opinions. Now that it is over and done and you have been proven wrong, you don't want to be criticized, claiming that your persona is being attacked. If you hate to be criticized then concede and if you don't want to concede just simply shut up and endure the pain of the backlash.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger cathy said...

ow, i welcome criticism. i am enjoying the backlash.
you make me a more controversial blogger.
bring it on.

o eto ang panyo, pahiran mo ang sipon mo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home