Saturday, December 25, 2004

Whew

Dear Mouse,

I do not want to blog about it but here I am writing it as I looked back what happened to me last night.

I was determined not to attend any party this year but some friends insisted that I should join them.

The first one to invite me was my friend who has the boy-from-hell-son and a a sweet- little angel-three year old girl.

Two gifts for each and for the family.

The second one was my former officemate.

Gifts for the kid and the family.

The third one was a former scholar of mine.

Five gifts for the family.

I did not go to the mall to get the last minute gifts.

I was used to hoarding little things that I picked up from my travels so that one of my closets is practically a storage of items addressed to- whom- it- may- be -given for some occasions.

One thing that I cannot shake off up to now is my compulsion of spending hours to put personal touch to the gift.

I prepare the ribbons and the bric-a-brac that go with the gifts such as small stars, leaves, dried flowers, etc.

People can fault me for being meticulous with gift wrapping that they feel guilty whenever they open their gifts and destroy those "works of art".

Yesterday, I wrapped the gifts...Mikasa vase for a friend, childrens books,jewelry box,coloring pencils,picture frames, etc.

At 3 pm, my friend, the mother of the boy-from-hell informed me that she called off the party due to family squabble.

I sighed a relief. At least, I do not have to put up with the boy-from-hell's mischiefs.

In his latest visit, I said goodbye to my antique dainty Christmas ball and a decanter filled with dried rose petals. While I was helping his father apply for a job in the internet he was busy with his demolition job.

Second to call was the former officemate.

The Christmas party was set to a late afternoon get together.

I said I'll call if I can make it.

Huh

Six o' clock, after writing an e-mail, I felt pain in my neck and a splitting headache.

I am a vegan. I do not eat fatty foods. Our family has a history of hypertension.

My father, my aunts and uncle died of stroke.

My father died of cerebral hemmorhage at the age of 44.

During my hectic work skeds back there in the Philippines, I was brought to the emergency due to abnormal blood pressure. No headache, no dizzines, no symptoms, just a feeling of cold feet and cold sweat. The doctor diagnosed it as due to stress.

My family asked me if I was given a form of medications to keep my pressure down. I said none. The doctor did not think that I need it. He just checked if some of my organs were damaged by the exceptionally high blood pressure of 240.

Yesterday, the pain in my nape was unbearable.

Took my blood pressure and it was 190/110.

Wow,all that gift-wrapping and calls gave me that pressure?

Called my nurse .(he's related). He asked me to prepare to go the emergency but the panic must have raised the level higher to more than 200. The digital sphygmomanometer already recorded an error. I won't go not unless he personally pick me up. I always remember my mom saying that when my dad had a high blood, she would see to it that he would not fall.

The nurse asked me to take aspirins and gave me something that would drastically lower the pressure. He thought that with my stubborness, it's no use bringing me to the emergency if the stress would cause further rise in the readings.

While waiting for my bp to normalize, I was thinking if I gonna go, Christmas pa naman. Pero sabi ko, daya naman. Naalala ko hindi pa oras sa sinabi niya sa akin. No one is going to miss me, anyway. Sabi ko lang sa prayer ko, pag ako namatay that night, (drama ko di ba), gawin niya akong angel at dadalawin ko si Ting-aling. Ipapakita ko ang aking pakpak. hehehe. Natakot yata si bossing na magkakaroon ng makulit at matigas ang ulong angel kaya in a matter of minutes, the pressure went down to 170/90. I told my assisting nurse to transfer the channel to TFC. Gusto niya akong sipain. Taas na nga ng blood pressure, nanonood pa ng depressing ng balita. Subukan niya, pinag-aaral ko siya noh.

Time for appointment with my doctor.

The Ca t

13 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jon Vizcarra said...

Hope everything normalizes.

Bait naman ng relative mo to break his Christmas schedule for you. SO, ano napanood mo sa TFC. If it were up to me, mag GMA7 ka na lang. Mas objective yon kesa sa isa. Yun nga lang, wala pa dyan eh...

I myself because of my work schedule, I literally slept through Christmas Day! I tried sleeping early but to no avail. Went to bed at eight am. At least I got through Christmas Morning.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger rolly said...

That was scary! Napatingnan mo na rin ba kidneys mo? Hving a high BP reading can also be due to the kidneys. Hindi lang parati because of the heart.

Anyway, take care! And have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger cathy said...

tenks jobert. i may have sown a lot of seeds that I can reap in the years to come. some have been blown by the wind and some germinated and bore fruits. i may be alone and ultimately may be forgotten but the seeds that I planted will remain on the face of the earth. he is one of them.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger cathy said...

i had a thorough physical check up titorolly.

everytime, i have a health issue, the doctor pointed to stress as the culprit.

i try to slow down, take it easy but i cannot help
getting pissed when people just don't make good their
appointment or promise.

Today, I was stood up by those who invited me.

Sheesh... I could have just taken a nap or crochet.

Malapit na akong bumili ng tumba tumba at maggantsilyo para makarelax.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kiwipinay said...

hehehee.... natawa ako sa comment mo about tumba-tumba at mag-gantsilyo. malapit na rin yata ako. nag-uumpisa na akong mag-knitting. pinapagamit sa akin ni bumbastik ang lazy boy nya na ayaw nyang gamitin at ilagay ko daw sa room ko.

ang pinakamataas ko lang na bp ay 180/110. di ko carry yung nag 200 sa yo. i wish you well.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger ting-aling said...

Hahaha, dapat dumalaw ka pa rin kahit panandalian lang. Nagpicture taking tayo tapos ipadala natin sa pinoyblog para makita nila na nauna na tayo sa plinaplano nilang party.

Pero, ay Tita, mag-ingat ka lagi. Masamang sintomas yang mga ipinaparamdam mo sa amin..'kala ko ba may sixth sense ka?

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever had a thorough "HEART" check up? Hellooooo, who knows, maybe your heart needs some exercises.... baka naman KSP lang iyan as in Kulang Sa Pahinga. O baka naman si pusa ay kulang sa aktibidades na kailangan ng makitunggali sa kapwa puso-d ehe! whatever, sabi nga... Pero kwidaw ka pusing, baka nga kailangan mo! ng libangan he he he...Maligayang PAsko po sa inyong lahat!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger cathy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger cathy said...

kiwi,
dapat pala knitting ano.hayaan mo pahihiramin kita ng Fall-fall.

Ting,
Only God knows when is our end. Sometimes, it is fasttracked by some sort of a deathwish especially if the person is depressed.

I hope He will give me longer life. Remember as a cat I have nine lives and I spent three of them already with my three death experiences.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger cathy said...

hoy anon,
may libangan ako, mambuwisit ng mga taong may puso para sa pusa. hukhukhuk.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ingat always, cathy!

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is anomaly...
yong bang party na cancel cuz of the kid from hell? sino ba ang ninong noong batang yon si Luci... or si Belsi... i did not know ur a vegan. is that from ilocos sur or norte. it is not nice to have blood pressure problem, especially if u are singol..and it is not nice to part early...again--- if u are singol. i will miss ur blog, if you go. magiging ulilang lubos ako, 'na sa aking inay nawalay--- walang kumukupkop, at nangangatog pa sa ginaw'...ayan, napakata na naman ako. mabalik tayo sa topic. sphygmomanometer...ang lufet mo..is that a kind of robot toy?...alaskador ba...just want to make u laff, para dehins ka ma high blood. am i ur worst nightmare? hmmmmmmm!!!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

luchie g,
tenks

alaskador frat,
mas madrama ka sa akin. saiyo na ang tropeo.hekhekhek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home