Sunday, February 13, 2005

Special Diet Cooking Journal

Dear Wife,

I am not a culinary expert, so I won't teach you the art of cooking. I leave that to my favorite blogger-chefs.I am not a gourmet so I am not a good judge of fine food and wine. But I am in the borderline of being diabetic and hypertension and high cholesterol run in the family's royal red blood.

Then I found out that I am not alone. Many of my friends are in the same boat. Many are unaware that we can still enjoy food minus calories without having to eat bland diet.

Panic, panic, I cannot find food blogs that address this segment of population, the people who need special diet.

So I will start with the food recipes provided by my doctor.May I share with you therefore the recipes for special diets.

For this particular journal, I am calling it "Dear Wife."

This one is recommended for candidates for diabetes or are already diabetic.

Chicken With Mushroom

  AMOUNT     C P F
INGREDIENTS measure   grams grams grams grams
chicken(broiler) 1/2 ave.   120 g 0 28g 20g
onion 2 tsps   0 0 0 0
butter 1tsp   5 g 0 0 5
mushrooms 4   0 0 0 0
salt few grains   0 0 0 0
pepper few grains   0 0 0 0
total     0 0 28 g 25 g
Calories 336
Legend:
C=Carbohydrates
P=Protein
F=Fats
Cathcath 2005

Cooking instruction:

Melt the butter.

Put the chicken and onion in pan and fry until golden brown.

Cover after adding the salt and pepper and cook slowly until done.

Cook the mushrooms in boiling water.

Drain and add to the chicken while it is still cooking.

For more of special diet recipes, go to my new special diet journal

The Ca t

8 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Mec said...

:)

happy valentines....

and thank you for the recipe... maybe when am not upset with my beau anymore, i'd cook him that :)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Tanggero said...

Maligayang araw ng mga pusa este puso :)

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger infraternam meam said...

oy...bago eto. wah na ko say.
fyi..i have diabetes type 2. because i have thyroid problem, then it is automatic to have sugar problem, cholesterol problem, and high blood pressure problem. i have medications for life. not to mention i have a rare illness called (STN) Severe Trigeminal Neuralgia, which according to my doctor for every 10thousand americans, only at least 10 pct has it, and i got it. i have no strict diet, just staying away from sugar and starch. needs lotsalotsa exercise so that i cud burn the starch n wont be converted into sugar. ikaw...hindi ka na sweet?hmmmmmmm!!!!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger cathy said...

same to you mec. keep the change pa. oks lang yon na lutuan mo siya ng high energy high cholesterol pag upset...oopps ano ba ang pinagsasabi ko.

tanggero,
maligayang pusko ehek maligayang
araw rin ng mga pusit...alam mo na
pag tagay may pulutan.

frat,
bakit mo naman kinuha lahat yang sakit na yan. sana naman pinamigay mo sa iba.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're really another class miss cat... hehehe... (in tagalog : ibang klase ka talaga binibining pusa... hahaha...) -www.mrniceash.tk

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer said...

Yep...uncharted course pa din until now ang mga healthy recipes....ingat Cath...hope you're in higher spirits today.... :)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Cerridwen said...

hi Cat la lang *hugs* lang :)

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger cathy said...

tenks niceash.

doc,
dito sa estet, it depends on your medical insurance din, pag nasaborderline ka, you will be required to attend a seminar on diabetes. Meron pang kasamang pang-measure ng blood sugar at recipe for diabetic cooking. naobserbahan ko sa pinas wala yatang ganiyang klaseng program. correct me if i
am wrong.

g,
hugs din. you are sweet. bad for diabetic. hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home