Thursday, January 01, 2004

New year's resolution, old shows, Frank Sinatra

Dear Mouse, I got several new years solutions. One that tops the list is Do not put off for tomorrow what I can do today. Did I say resolutions with an S. Yes, many more but I will have the rest tomorrow. Oke doke ? Old shows While waiting for the giant ball in NY to burst, I surfed the TV channels. I came across a TV channel with the old shows of Frank Sinatra. I did not like him. (Huwag ninyo akong batuhin ng kamatis, SInatra fans , let me finish, I said did.) First, when I was just at that age whose idea of a movie idol is a hunk, ala Brad Pitt or Jude Law baga, I saw an old movie of Sinatra in the TV where he was chosen by the movie heroine over some guy ( I think it was that handsome actor who died of aids, the name slipped from my mind for a moment, ow it was Rock Hundson...do not ask me the title of the movie...I did not see the entire movie and I did not care. Bisita lang ako noh and I cannot change the channel. Pangit siya sa tingin ko. I cannot understand why old people were going gaga for him. Then the MY WAY song written by Paul Anka and sung by Frank Sinatra became the national anthem in the "sing-along" later changed to KARAYUKE Country. It was a hit that everywhere I go, I hear the "MY WAY". Utang -na-loob hintuan ninyo ako. Then last night, with no choice to watch, I gave my remote a rest by staying with Sinatra. The stage background was very austere. No back up singers singing lalala dadedeee yayayayaya... no faux rain like Ashanti's, no dozens of goirls and boyz to rip some performers' scanty stage costumes...just plain music and song. I started listening. It was more like poetry in music. He was narrating stories. I know I said I was leaving... But I just could not say good bye... It was only self-deceiving... Send in the clowns, oh where are the clowns... Is your figure less than Greek, Is your mouth, a little weak, When you open it to speak? Am I feeling old or just becoming a sentimental fool. (Huwag kang ganiyan, mousey, baka kumidlat at kumulog). The CA t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home