Sunday, April 04, 2004

Angels on my Shoulder

Dear Mouse, One column I read was about angels. (not sure who the columnist was)Very timely for the Lenten Season. I am not a very religious person but I believe in Angels. Some people can write about supernatural beings living in the dark side of another dimension and make money out of it. People who write about angels do not make it to the top sellers' list. Rationalists do not believe in angels simply because they believe nothing ever happened that cannot be explained naturally. It is not that they do not experience the mysterious divine presence of angels but rather the mysteries are presented to them in such factual, reasonable way so as no one receives information that he can bear or be regarded as having lost the marbles for believing the inexplicable. Yes Virginia, angels do exist, in thought, in dreams and in flesh. However they are not fond of the Universal Studios breathtaking camera tricks and costumes dating back to the BC period. They come in disguise, yes in whatever disguise that people can accept , a surge of thought which others termed as intuition or in Tagalog as kutob, kaba, sense of guidance,a relative who has a heart of gold or just a friend who is always there for one's comfort during her trying times. Physically they are not the angels but their inspirations are angelic. It may come according to their spiritual and religious inclinations. A Buddhist may not talk about an angel with wings but may have been helped by a person who receive messages to help somebody. I may be talking about angels for days and I urge even the non-believers to read. I assure you that many of the stories I am going to share with you are true except for the story below because I want to drive home a point. I read it from one book and just added a few scenes. You may be able to relate your experience because their work may not be far removed from natural events but they usually come when you summon and least expect them. The shortest distance is not a straight line but one from your lips to God’s ears. Bear with me for this week as my angel on my right takes over the Lenten season while my angel on my forehead, the one who has the sense of humor plays tricks to my angel on my left. Miracles do not happen inn contradiction to nature; but only as contradictions to that which is known as nature.—St, Augustine…. I love this story about the priest who’s hanging for his life –marooned in the highest point of the area that was enundated by the water from swollen river. He prayed to God to save him and please send him an angel or angels. He thought he was a very good priest so that he deserved to see a miracle at the time he needed it. He had been hearing about his parishioners encountering these heavenly bodies but he himself had never experienced to come face to face with Someone mysterious. Came one banca(small boat) full of people that only a few inches of its part remain visible over the water. He declined the offer of the men since he visualized that his additional weight might just be too much for the poor little banca. Besides, he is waiting for the miracle. To make the story short, he missed a lot of chances to be rescued because it was not what the help he was expecting. He wanted something more “angelic” rescue. He died and he came face to face with the UNIVERSAL POWER. He asked HIM why He disappointed him. The POWER responded. I didn’t. In fact, I sent legions of them. Did you ever think why that boat did not capsize and the people still asked you to join them. Ordinary people would think of survival and their safety first before they add another head to save. You refused all attempts because you were waiting for a winged chariot perhaps, an army of angels to fly you to safety . But sorry, the chariots used by Spartacus and Moses are already stored for posterity and armies nowadays are just miracles of the computer and digital worlds. I decided to beam you up before Scotty does. Oooops, this angel of my sense of humor strikes again. The CA t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home