Thursday, January 06, 2005

Where is God?

Dear mouse,

Time and again, this Ca t makes an appointment with the Big Boss for interview.

So with my laptop and and you, mouse, this is the trascript of my questions and answers with the Boss of the Universe.

GOD:What is it this time, Cat ? I am afraid that it has something to do with the tragedy in Asia.

Ca t: And I haven’t shoot my first question.

GOD: What am I a God for if I cannot read your mind?

Ca t: Borrowing the favorite line of the Law and Order police officers, where were You when this happened ?

GOD: Am I suspect Ca t ? Or you imagine me as one bloodthirsty Being who finds pleasure watching people die by the thousands if not hundreds of thousands.

Ca t: I did not say that, Boss. You are putting words into my mouth. But then, is that true ? (nervous Hehehe)

GOD: I know you have been browsing the internet and I am confident that you have read about the causes of tsunamis.

Ca t: Oh yes. There are many causes, like earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, explosions and even the impact of cosmic bodies, such as meteorites can generate tsunamis.

GOD: Very good Ca t and this latest tsunami was caused by an underwater earthquake.

Ca t: But why did allow so many people to die?

GOD: I am a GOD and I am perfect but my creations are not as perfect as I am or else there will be so many gods. As humans are imperfect, they cause their own disasters. You know that there were thousands of tsunamis that occurred almost everyday in different parts of the world and not every one of them killed so many. I did not create a world that is inert. The world has to change, evolve and revolve or else you would still have been in the Ice age, hiding from the dinosaurs and living in caves with primitive tools.

But you go over board. In your quests for more advancement/progress/development, you destroy natural defenses for these calamities that I know will befall humanity.

You test your nuclear bombs under water. You destroy the coral reefs that shield your coast lines from these big waves. Now you ask why I did not prevent it. Duh?

Ca t : Relax, Boss, just asking. I know that there is a reason for everything that happens, pray tell, what good did this disaster bring.

GOD: Well what do you do in order to prevent a disaster to happen again ?

In the past, people perished by the thousands in China, Japan and Iran.

Calamities can not be prevented but losses in terms of lives and properties can be minimized.

When disaster strikes, you can see the goodness of the people who helped the victims.

Some survivors promise to amend their wrongdoings. Some appreciate that they are alive.

I hate it when I talk a lot, Ca t.

That is supposed to be the work of my ministers, priests, imams and rabbis.

The thing is, I am talking to a Ca t.

Ca t: Thank you for your time, Boss. By the way, don’t you offer anything to your Visitor for refreshment.

GOD: Don't push your luck , Ca t. (thunder and lightning)

The Ca t

10 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mec said...

i do not know how to put these ideas across w/o someone taking offense...

anyway...

i'm still sad for what happened in south asia... and feel bad that now, thousands have been doomed to the same plight as africans... who have to walk miles and line up for hours just for aid...

not counting the losses they've incurred... the loved ones and homes and businesses they lost... and the trauma of having survived...

and i know that the death toll was high because Asia is just really so populated...

and thus, i couldn't help but think... in perhaps, a curious attempt to find a silver lining in this dark cloud... to realize that... well... at least population dropped just a little...

my boss even commented, tho she admits it's like a bad thought, that their per capita income would increase rise a little... or something like that...

then again, because it is Asia... we had to rely on others to provide for us... to assist us... to give us aid...

i wondered why it couldn't have happened in America or Europe... where they're richer and have better systems to respond to tragedies such as this...

then again, i figured, the global economy would have probably taken a nosedive if that was what happened...

so... i just pray for the souls of the dead, and the lives of those living, and give thanks that I and my loved ones were spared...

for really, who am I to question how life works... or even attempt to understand...

at least, maybe others would realize... there really is a greater force out there...

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss C

Ang alam ko C, God never make's mistake, what happened to these part of the world are beyond human comprehension, and only HIM knows the answer...and HE will open other windows for them and show them after the storm...the beauty of a rainbow..

happy new year...all the best for 2005
musta ka na...

a friend
techguy

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Cerridwen said...

...ther are Tsunami, Earthquake and Fire in the US and Europe too but less Architect that can be paid to agree to a cheaper and less safe construction, less govt employee to sign on a permit that he knowingly know will not survive any natural disaster, less focus on money but more on safety, less care for deadline but stability... so when natural disaster do happen, there are less dmaage, less need for aid or help. Law would not allow any citizen to build a house by the water within so many feet and there is no price tag to that law...and no house can be built without the City inspector signing it off after inspecting its safety is accordance to the law, and guess who can be sued and can go to prison if it was signed off and it isn't safe and that cost a life??? :)

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Jon Vizcarra said...

Sometimes things just happen. No rationalization. Nothing. I'm more ok with a dynamic mother nature rather one that "acts on the whims of a supreme being".

Remember Rwanda? Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days. That's done by us humans. But somehow, there was more uproar and attention to the tsunami than Rwanda.

But it's human nature to always find an explanation. The "why heres" and the "why nows". I mean if a tree in a far away forest falls and I don't hear it doesn't mean I'm deaf. Oh wait... wrong point...

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger rolly said...

I tend to agree with Jobert. There are things we just can't explain and are best left alone. To me, God is not a verngeful God but an understanding one. What is deplorable is when tragedies like these could not have happened if only the greedy ones in our midst did not get their way.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Hello Ca T. Yes, it may or may not be God's will, but we all certainly live on borrowed time, and that's why we must live life to the fullest. Yes I know, it's easier said than done ...

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for those people but like the god in the little skit said, they brought in on themsleves with all of their deforestation and pollution. I do feel for them though, do not think me cold-hearted. -The Dog

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://rnjogrim.com/ixat/rqcq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://gbulivet.com/elye/eqvh.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://rnjogrim.com/ixat/rqcq.html | http://bgggzlfz.com/tiss/pdxc.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home