Sunday, February 20, 2005

Food scale without a scale

Dear Wife,

I can't imagine an obsessive-compulsive-special diet freak person like me to bring a food scale wherever I want to check whether I am within my precribed food intake.

This is from a booklet I received from my doctor when I complained about the impossibility of determining the correct measurements especially when I am dining out.

Very practical and easy to remember.

  • 3 ounces of meat = one deck of cards
  • 1 ounce of meat=matchbox
  • medium apple= golf ball
  • medium potato= computer mouse
  • medium onion = baseball
  • 1 cup fruit = one average orange
  • 1/2 cooked pasta= ice cream scoop
  • 1 ounce bread = CD case
  • 1cup broccoli=light bulb
  • 2 tablepoons butter=golf ball
  • 1 ounce cheese= domino
  • It is also to use your regular drinking glass to measure milk or any drink without using the measuring cup.

    Simply measure a cup of any liquid in a meausuring cup then pour into one drinking glass. Mark or memorize where the liquid comes up to.

    For more of special diet recipes, go to my new special diet journal.

    Next, substition savvy.

    The Ca t

    3 Comments:

    At 8:58 AM, Blogger Ate Sienna said...

    uy kat, very helpful this. now if i can only memorize it. mamaya kasi maisip ko 1 ounce of cheeze = 1 deck of cards.

    talo, diba?

     
    At 9:16 AM, Blogger cathy said...

    then you think of pusoy, ate sienna. talo.

     
    At 9:07 PM, Blogger Mec said...

    uyy sis, very helpful, this post :)

    i could never reconcile what some recipes require...

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home