Monday, March 01, 2004

Excuse letter

Dear Mouse, There was a school year when I was in grade school when I did not feel like attending one class-a Math class. I always looked for excuses not to come to school because of it--either I had stomachache, toothache, headache and if I were just old enough, I could have used heartache as an excuse when I was running out of aching body parts and appendages. That was the time when I discovered that when you think you are sick, so you would be. You can actually feel the pain. You will feel weak when the feigned illness calls for it. Then you rationalize. I got stomachache because of the milk that my mom required me to drink for my calcium supplement. That time, lactose intolerant was not yet in my vocabulary. I got a headache because of the rain, intense heat, the barking of the dogs, the harmless grass and flowers---even the stupid commercials, so forth, so on. I could not say however that my tooth ached because of cavity. I could not tell them I was growing a wisdom tooth just because I heard an older relative that growing wisdom tooth was also a pain especially when you were regarded to have a better wisdom already. Excuses and alibis are very useful to avoid stuff that you do not want to do because, either you are intellectually, socially, academically or physically challenged. So when Poe came up with lots of alibis in order to avoid debate, I expected him to come up with an excuse that his compacted wisdom tooth was giving him trouble talking. He was able to hide this disability to utter more than 100 words in one given scene in his movie by delivering more than 100 jabs to a bad guy without breaking his sternum. I thought it was normal for an action star to talk less but seeing Robin Padilla deliver witty lines while pulverizing a character actor in a movie, it changed my wrong perception. His mediocre one-on-one interview with Soliven confirmed my belief that he has nothing to say because he really has nothing to say. So when Sir Sotto, said that it was an emergency that brought Poe away from the campaign. I was not surprised. LEGAZPI CITY--Presidential candidate Fernando Poe, Jr, cut short his provincial campaign sortie here due to a personal emergency, close ally Senator Vicente Sotto III said Monday. Sotto said Poe received an emergency call at 2 a.m. prompting him to leave early Monday. He denied the emergency was related to the disqualification case Poe is facing before the Supreme Court. Campaign plans for the rests of the Koalisyon ng Nagkakaisang Pilipino (Coalition of United Filipinos, KNP) for the provinces of Sorsogon and Catranduanes will push through, Sotto said. Sotto said, however, he will also be returning to Manila together with Poe. I want to believe that his Iskul Bukol days had given him bags of ready-made excuses to explain somebody’s non-appearance. If and when DA KING would become a king and there is a need for him to welcome and meet heads of States, I wonder what excuses would Sir Sotto offer if he refuses to do such task. 1. He got a headache 2. He got a stomachache 3. He got a toothache ? 4. He got an emergency? The CA t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home