Monday, March 08, 2004

happy anniversary to me

Dear Mouse, It was not very long time ago, when my lady boss met me at the San Francisco airport as my port of entry. I still had to fly to my place of destination but in the meantime, I had to stay in the famous city by the bay for a number of days. Direct from the airport, she drove to the Hyatt Hotel so we can have late breakfast. The airplane taxied at past 7 in the morning and my boss left her residence before six. I hardly can open my eyes but I managed to catch some of her "lectures" for a newcomer. It was almost lunchtime when we went to the office where I met the staff of the branch office. If I did not have second thoughts of coming to the USA, this could have been my office but well i had other things in my mind and going to the US embassy to claim for my visa that had been approved already was not among my priorities then. I called up my mom and my sisters in the East coast to tell them that I arrived safe and sound and was about to step out of the office to visit some clients. Already ? they exclaimed.Why not give me time to change and catch my breath? I told them, that the day was still early and I learned that I would be staying with my lady boss while in town. She had no plans of going home to the suburbs. Off we went to the Golden Gate where I had my first snapshot---my windswept hair practically covering my face---another photo shoot from the inside of the car and it was my lips and my eyes that were captured by the camera lens--no way you can identify whose facial features they were. A photo that was meant to show that I was in SF was taken in the downtown area where the street name can also be found in another town. The next stop was a mall. I was looking up--expecting a tower or a big shopping center but I was disappointed. It was merely a one story building that housed fastfood, shoestores, Macy's and etc. My boss warned me not to leave my leather jacket inside the car in full view from outside. The car may be vandalized to get the jacket. It was a souvenir from my trip abroad and I would not like to lose it. Her car was insured anyway. It was the longest day for my first year in the USA that when I got home to my lady boss' house, I simply threw myself in the bed. I did not even notice that I had the housekkeeper as my roommate. First time I did not remember if I had a dream. I reminded myself never to wear boots in the SF downtown. That was when I saw how odd it was seeing ladies in their business suits walking in rubber shoes. The CA t The CA t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home