Monday, May 24, 2004

Illegal Ice cream

Dear Mouse,
I am lactose intolerant but I am a lover of ice cream. My mother's doctor friend advised her to give me ice cream so I can have my milk requirements without having to make frequent visits to the bathroom.

I prefer ice cream that is made in the Philippines. It reminds me of my early childhood when the most important thing I did during hot lazy afternoon was to wait for the "dirty ice cream vendor" merrily shouting 'Betes,Betes while ringing those little bells.The sounds were like the little bells that the "sacristan" made during the Offertory in the holy mass. Instead of thinking about God, when my mom asked me to close my eyes to meditate, I saw beautiful ice cream cones with scoops of ice cream of different colors.Yum.

Yes, Virginia, in the Asian stores, there are ice creams that carry those famous lables with local tropical fruits as flavors but they are not really imported from the Phils. They look like ice cream, taste like ice cream but they do not contain the required milk fats and milk solids to be considered legal ice cream. It means illegal. Namputsa, pati ice cream, illegal. It means, it is an impostor. How dare them. Instead of milk fats, they contain "mellorine". The mellorine uses vegetable fats like coconut oil instead of milk. If I want coconut oil, then I can just eat my favorite "ginataan" like ginataang gabi,ginataang kuhol, ginataang manok, "kinunot", ginataang pating. ooops.

Back there in the Roco country,South of Luzon, children can eat rice with coconul milk and salt. Sarap.

Mouse, you advised me to deal with anger. Now I am managing my anger because of this deception of buying an ice cream disguised like an ice cream.

I am mad.(scoops ice cream) really mad... (scoops another) @#$$%%%^^^^@ There. (throws the empty can in the trash).

How is that for anger management, Mouse?

As Emerson had said,

For every minute you remain angry, you lost 60 seconds of peace of mind.

I am now at peace. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

The CA t

6 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Dr. Emer said...

Hmmm, lactose intolerance and a need for anger management, Cat? What a curious combination. Don't let any of it kill you. If you just want the calcium in milk, just take Tums. :) As for anger management, I suggest watching Sesame Street.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger cathy said...

Doc,
Wala akong channel ng Sesame. Meron Sponge Bob.
Tums, ginagamit ko pag kumukulo tiyan ko.

The CA t

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur hilarious! (AnP)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger cathy said...

tenks pinay.

The CA t

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger batjay said...

iba talagang lasa ng ice cream ng pilipinas. gatas kasi ng kalabaw ang ginagamit natin. mas creamy, mas masarap. ungggaaaaaaaaaa!

tapos wala pang ube flavor sa ben and jerry's

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Dr. Emer said...

Cat, check out this TUMS Calcium calculator at this link:

http://tums.com/source_calculator.asp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home