Sunday, May 08, 2005

THE TECHNOLOGICALLY CHALLENGED

Dear mouse,

I really admire the patience of the tech support or anybody in the department who takes the call of a dissatisfied customer, a confused customer or a technologically challenged CUSTOMER like me.

One time, my laptop’s power just turned off without me touching anything, so I called the TOSHIBA tech support.

This is how the conversation went.

Techie: Can you check the small lights in your unit.

Me: They are on except for the battery indicator.

Techie: Your battery is low. No wonder, you lost the power.

Me: No, my unit is plugged in the power surger thru the battery.

Techie: Uhmm. That’s strange. Can you check again please.

Me: I can see it is plugged in.

Techie: Is the power surger plugged in the power outlet?

ME: Yes, it is. It got light in it.

Techie: How many are plugged in the power surger?

Me: Two only. The unit and the printer.

Techie: Can you check again?

ME: Okay. ( Found out the computer is unplugged for more than two days and it was operating on the battery that run low. Instead the cell phone charger was plugged in its place).

Hehehe I said thank you.

But there are worse than I am as a client. Read.

Customer 1

Customer: I'm trying to connect to the Internet with your CD, but it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Tech support: OK, you've got the CD in the CD drive, right?

Customer: Yeah....

Tech support: And what sort of computer are you using?

Customer: Computer? Oh no, I haven't got a computer. It's in the CD player and all I get is weird noises. Listen.....

Tech support: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Customer 2

Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?

Female customer: A white one...

Customer 3

Customer: Hi, this is Celine. I can't get my diskette out.

Tech support: Have you tried pushing the button?

Customer: Yes, sure, it's really stuck.

Tech support: That doesn't sound good; I'll make a note.

Customer: No .. wait a minute... I hadn't inserted it yet... it's still on my desk... sorry....

Customer 4

Tech support: Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.

Customer: Your left or my left?

Customer 5

Tech support: Good day. How may I help you?

Male customer: Hello... I can't print.

Tech support: Would you click on start for me and...

Customer: Listen pal; don't start getting technical on me! I'm not Bill Gates, damn it!

Customer 6

Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'Can't find printer'. I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it...

Customer 7

Customer: I have problems printing in red...

Tech support: Do you have a color printer?

Customer: Aaaah....................thank you.

Customer 8

Tech support: What's on your monitor now, ma'am?

Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me in the supermarket.

Customer 9

Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.

Tech support: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?

Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.

Tech support: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.

Customer: OK

Tech support: Did the keyboard come with you?

Customer: Yes

Tech support: That means the keyboard is not plugged in. Is there another keyboard?

Customer: Yes, there's another one here. Ah...that one does work!

Customer 10

Tech support: Your password is the small letter a, as in apple, a capital letter V as in Victor, the number 7.

Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters?

Customer 11

Customer: I can't get on the internet.

Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?

Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.

Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?

Customer: Five stars.

Customer 12

Tech support: What antivirus program do you use?

Customer: Netscape.

Tech support: That's not an antivirus program.

Customer: Oh, sorry...Internet Explorer.

Customer 13

Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.

Customer 14

Tech support: How may I help you?

Customer: I'm writing my first e-mail.

Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?

Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the circle around it?

Customer 15

A woman customer called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer.

Tech support: Are you running it under windows?

Customer: "No, my desk is next to the door, but that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his printer is working fine."

Customer 16

Tech support: "Okay Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager."

Customer: I don't have a P.

Tech support: On your keyboard, Bob.

Customer: What do you mean?

Tech support: "P".....on your keyboard, Bob.

Customer: I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT!!

Forwarded mail

The Ca t

12 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Hello Ca T! It happens to the best of us. Pero yung sa forwarded mail, di ko lang sure. hahaha.

Nangyari na rin sa akin yan. Nag-reboot pa ako ng PC at nag-check ng proxy. Tapos tinawag ko IT Admin namin. Yun pala, di naka-plug yung patch cord. mwehehehe.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Team Baltimore Ravens of L2S CDO said...

Amusing

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Kiwipinay said...

wagi ka na naman, acheng! napatawa mo na naman ako ng dis-oras ng gabi. :D

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger cathy said...

hahaa watson,
i forgot to put parentheses to indicate that it was forwarded to me.

there was an incident too when i called the IT to tell the tech that the mouse does not work.

Yon pala, maling mouse ang naplug ko.
Yong luma pa rin. hekhekhek

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger cathy said...

em,
tenks for visiting.

kiwi,
buti naman napatawa ka. Day, naiiyak ako sa mga kwento mo. Takot tuloy akong mabasa at mapunit ang web PAGE mo.
mwahahaha

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kawawang mga nag wo work sa call center/customer support! haha

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Tanggero said...

kaya ayokong nagbabasa ng blog mo pag nasa office ako eh, para kong baliw na tatatawa-tawa dito.

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Funny! And working as a tech support myself, nakaka-relate ako.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger cathy said...

p'reng tanggero,
at least ikaw ay nababaliw.
jeffrey,
i am just wondering where you get all that patience.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger cathy said...

p'reng tanggero,
at least ikaw ay nababaliw.
jeffrey,
i am just wondering where you get all that patience.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger tintin said...

aka pinayhekmi

I can so relate to this. I work in a software tech support center and I've gotten some things close to these.

Me: Type in your serial number.
Customer: Well, I've tried, but I don't know how to get the slash to show up on the "o".

Heheh..zero's usually have a slash through it to differentiate it from the letter "o". Heheh.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger cathy said...

tintin,
i can never be in the tech support dept. firstly , i am technologically challenged, secondly,i do not have the patience.
tumataas kaagad ang boses ko.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home