Saturday, January 10, 2004

Long day

I had a very long day today. I woke up at 5 am, thinking that it was 6 am. Checked on my e-mails for an hour. So I saw D's e-mail. Spoke to R. Left at 7 am, training from 8:00-10:15, branch managers' meeting from 11:00-12:00, sales meeting from 12:15-1:30, our big boss treated the managers to dim sum from 1:45 to 2:45; left main office 3:00, arrived branch 3:30 worked thru mail, e-mail and other stuff till 5:00; had staff meeting with a staff re performance improvement plan at 5:00-6:00 (we're open til 6 on thursdays, otherwise we close at 4:30) and then tried to connect a new printer till 6:45 pm. got home 7:25, chatted on the phone till 7:50, wrote e-mail til 8:20, and i think i really should work at the gym tonight til from 8:45 to 9:30. what a day, huh? Now, I've got my commercial and consumer loan goals, i need to bring in 4 million to the bank, i actually have the lowest goal given that i'm the new kid on the block and as every bank i've worked for, they always raise bars every year. this weekend i'm gonna be busy figuring out what goals am i going to give to my staff. at least, me and my staff are starting to gel but it took me some time because they've got issues and i need to coach them and coach them and coach them. meeting after meeting after meeting. i think slowly they're getting it but we'll see. everyone will have their own tasks at hands. and primarily accountable for their goals. ok no more shop talk, i am going to the gym.......i think by the time i go to sleep will be 11:30 or midnight. full circle. ( i forgot i haven't eaten dinner yet. i'll just have something light after i come back from the gym, see ya. ciao. hasta la vista. Disclaimer: This is not my story. It's my sister's. Single and a bank branch manager in Boston, she has always been an achiever even before her Ateneo days. She is planning to enroll MBA in Harvard . I hope she meets Mr. Right. I found a Mr. Left.(yong bang kaliwa ng kaliwa).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home