Sunday, January 09, 2005

Quaipo Church revisited

Dear Mouse,

January is the month of the Black Nazarene.

People have a wrong notion that it is a patron saint of the Basilica of St. John. (Quiapo church for you).

I was looking for my previous blog about Quiapo church and my brother but I can not find it.

But here is one about Quiapo and the prayers for sale.The items about Ronnie Poe were omitted.

My mom was a very religious woman. She would bring me to different churches as she prayed for different intentions. St.Jude for hopeless case or for employment; Baclaran for special projects; St. Atnhony for lost items and Quiapo Church, now a basilica for problems that she perceived needed miracles.

Inside the church were women who offered to pray for your intentions. Naïve as I was, I thought it was for free so I thought that it was very pious for them to pray for other people. Then I learned later that they were charging for a fee for prayers. Thoughts that came to my mind were: mas malakas ba sila sa Diyos? May commission ba si God sa kanila.. (sounds of thunder and lightning) bibiro lang SIR. * sigh * of relief. Walang bang time magdasal ang mga nagpapadasal? Magkano kaya ang kita ? When our professor in Entrepreneurship required our class to form a small group and come up with a small business for one semester, applying the theories that we will be learning from the class and earning at the same time , I thought of the PRAYERS For YOU business. hehehe BTW, the professor did not look like ann educator because of his dangling camera in his shoulder all the time. In our first meeting, I thought he was the official photogprapher of the university. After our first meeting, he asked us to pose with the wall fence as the background for an id picture-actually four pictures for one pose. One pic went to our class card, the other one went to the seat plan. For easy recall of the faces, he said. Good business. He was a good entrepreneurship professor indeed.The rest of the pics were for our own disposal. The Prayers for you business was rejected outright by my group mates. First, they were not the prayerful types and second, we cannot decide whether we would give a money-back-guarantee if the prayers were not answered. As elected COO, I concurred with the members. At that time, I did not have any plan to confront my CREATOR with issues other than mine. (THUNDER AND LIGHTNING) Sabi namang nagbibiro lang eh. Seryoso naman ninyo BOSS. Did I mention what business, we went into? Halls candies and worksheet pads courtesy of the offices of our siblings, friends and parents. Project daw. Kawawang mga opisinang mahina ang internal control sa office supplies. Mataas ang grade naming grupo. Libre kasi ng Halls yong prop namin every meeting. Kung hindi mo makuha sa santong dasalan ang propesor, daanin mo sa librehan ng Halls candy (kayo diyan).

The CA t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home