Saturday, January 22, 2005

When my mind is absent

Dear Mouse,

Ringggggggg

Yello....

She's not home.

Phone: She lives alone, so who are you ?

This is her answering machine. Please leave a message.

Gawddddddd...and I was in the middle of remembering what's the item that I might have missed before i close my 22x22x22 balikbayan box.

It was full to the brim that I have to use the technique taught to me by a veteran balikbayan box/sender.

First, I placed the box close to the wall.

Then I pressed the box towards the wall in order to make the two flap ends meet and then secure and seal it with the 2-inch Scotch packing tape. Just beautiful.

Now where's the cutter ?

WHERE's THE CUTTER ?

Last time, I saw it, it was in a plastic bag.

WHERE's the PLASTIC BAG ?

I am talking to myself. I am trying to retrace the steps before I lost the cutter.

The last time, I saw the plastic bag was when I put some trash in it. Uhhm

And then I dumped the plastic bag in the garbage bin in the garage.

Yeah, that's where it is.

Got to run before it is put outside for truck pick-up. I am still talking to myself.

Ringggggg

Yellowww

Phone: Don't hang -up.After this message,press 4.

Crash...bang...clank...

Sound of cordless phone and its base hitting the wall and breaking apart.

Excuse me while I retrieve...the ....let me think...what was I going to do before I was rudely interrupted by the phone?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Ca t

3 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Jon Vizcarra said...

So who's on the phone? Gretchen?

The Ca T needs a vacation. Leave the box and go where the box is supposed to go.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger cathy said...

jobert,

ayaw akong tanggapin sa door to door.

i am closing a door in my life and waiting for a window to open. In the meantime, I am seated in my rocking chair and listening to I WILL SURVIVE, I WILL SURVIVE...
shake, shake, shakkkkkkkkkkkkke....hehehe

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger ting-aling said...

Ayan, may napick-up na naman akong packing tips..I like the "pushing it against the wall" law in packing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home